Thursday, May 04, 2006

A thought for the day.

"千金難結一時之歡,一飯竟郅終身之感。蓋愛重反為仇,薄极反成喜也。"

"One thousand pieces of gold will not earn a moment of true friendship, but a simple kindness like offering a meal may earn a lifetime's gratitude. Love if taken to extremes, can arouse enmity, while a trifling can turn resentment to joy."

This is a certain sort of day. I have been pretty relaxed. I haven't done much. Watched an episode of Lost. Played maybe 20 minutes of Oblivion. Slept for far to long.

I argued with my girlfriend over something stupid again. Which happens from time to time because I am "fun" that way, and she is under a lot of stress. I love her more than anything. We are close, and we are in love, and these little arguements are not something that is going to stop us. Being with her, I know that we are more than perfect for each other. We will be the most flirty couple in the world once we are together. I can't even tell if we will ever have these small arguements again. We will fight, but those will mostly be caused by us adjusting toward living together. Those fights will stop shortly, because I know that living with her is going to be easier than living with some other people.

I am done with school as of Monday. Seriously. I will have finished my Internship. Finished school. Done. Welcome to the rest of my life.

I am not stressed out anymore. Not like girlfriends who are coming to the end of finals, and making final plans to move across the country. Not like others who are in other countries trying to go to school, and balance a personal life. Not like others who are wondering what they are going to do with their summer away from boy. I almost feel bad.

I guess I should come clean. I am a bad boyfriend. I am an asshole a lot. I am not going to be anymore. Or at least I am going to try so hard my head might explode.

I plan on being a better person. I guess that can be my new stress.

2 comments:

Mizzle said...

I am more proud of you than you can imagine.

You finally fucking spelled 'than' instead of 'then'.

Every time you do that, I die a little inside.

But this time, I lived.

I lived, Tim.

I lived.

Missa said...

I am glad about so many things in your life. And I feel like you are becoming a better person all the time. And that makes me proud.