Wednesday, May 24, 2006

N620813723380

I want to walk down a path into a part of a forest that does not seem safe. I want to run along with you holding my hand. I want to make you feel safe in this area that we both know is not safe. The path is so run down it is hard to know if it is even still a path at all.

Bushes and trees creep over into the way as we are trying to make our way. It feels like a path we have taken before, but really we have just heard of other people taking it. Most of them do make it down this path. When they get there, they tell everyone how great the view is. The park at the end of the path. They say it is the place to be.

For now. We make our way through the rough terrain. Up and down hills. Through the underbrush. Holding hands.

With the thoughts of the future, who needs the past.

1 comment:

Mizzle said...

Dude.

The park by our house?