So, what's new?
- I'm learning Portuguese (Both major versions, as I'd like to be conversational when I hit Brazil this summer, but I have the sneaking suspicion European will come in ever so slightly handier when I, you know, move to Europe, and all. Fancy that.)
- I'm hard at work on my album. It turns out that completely and radically changing your style takes a bit of time. Writing music of varying genres is hard. Like...advanced calculus level hard, when you're used to sounding a certain way. Memo to me: buy an electric guitar. It is suddenly entirely necessary. Also, learn to play your damn keyboard.
- Novels are long, but nevertheless exciting. Continuity? Not so much. Sure, making sure all of the fun little later relevant details are nice to stick in there, and it's like reverse engineering a puzzle, but, really, rereading something you wrote four hundred times isn't exactly exciting, when all you're doing is trying to make sure it makes sense with what comes after. Gah.
- I'm thinking about getting a second job to help save up cash to make my moving/vacation plans run smoother. I'm also contemplating working in a factory again, for the same reason. I'm even debating quitting Geek Squad entirely, to head back to FabCon, because, let's face it, kids: $500-$600 a week is hard to argue with.
- I'm busy reading Adam Davies' second novel, Goodbye Lemon. He is the dude I want to be when I grow up. Well, him, and Chuck Palahniuk. And Douglas Adams. Also, Chuck's last name sounds like Paula Nick. Oh, grandparents and their crazy ways with names. Joe-sph. Ha.
No, really, Wanda.
Ha.
- Since marathon training is sort of difficult these days, in the barren, icy Minnesotan tundra, I've reluctantly committed myself to doing ridiculous amounts of sit-ups, American Psycho style. My eventual goal is to look like Christian Bale does in that movie, without all of the murdering and the crazy. In an entirely unrelated note, I should really stop eating so much chocolate...
Anyway, that about wraps up my ranting for the day. I'm glad I'm still allowed to post on here. Thanks for your patronage.
P.S. I totally demand a rematch, next time you're back. Me and the Oxford English Dictionary have been hanging out. You shall rue the day.
2 comments:
You know, I realized I should have brought Spanish Scrabble to school because people here actually know some Spanish.
Oh well. We'll just have to Scrabble it up when I come home.
Also. Good luck with the not chocolate thing. I am not drinking hardly any soda still and my body feels happy with that decision. But the working out that was supposed to happen every day didn't really ever start. Oops.
You should have. Then you can get all good at Spanish Scrabble, and forget your fancy English words.
Or maybe then we can play Romantic and Germanic languages Scrabble!
Anyway, I'm definitely going to use this thing all the damn time now.
P.S. You still never read that email, did you? Fucker.
Post a Comment