Friday, January 26, 2007

Che-ca-guo.

So I spent last weekend in Chicago.

Saturday.
0800 EST: The bus leaves campus.
1100 CST: The bus arrives in Chicago. We walk around Millenium Park for a while, and take a look at The Bean. The Bean is cool. We walk around for a while more, and stop by The Art Institute to see if they've got any special exhibits we should go see the next day. Then we go back to the bus, and a crazy knowledgeable guy gives us a bus tour of Chicago. We stop over at one of the sections of the city that juts out, so we can take a look at the skyline. The skyline is also cool. We finish our bus tour, and eat dinner in Chinatown. The food was awful.




Sunday.
Art Institute, all morning.
Shopping, all afternoon.
When I go to sleep, everything up to my knees aches, and I can't fall asleep for a good hour.


Monday.
Trip to the History Museum in the morning. We're late. The tour guide obviously thinks we're twelve. It is a waste of a morning.
In the afternoon, a man named Dominic Pacyga gives us a lecture on ethnic neighborhoods in Chicago. It is a very cool lecture.
Dinner at Greektown. The food is amazing. I want to go back.

Tuesday.
We go to a bookstore and hear some famous blues musicians play. It is amazing. AMAZING. Highlight of the trip.
Then we are late to the hotel to get on the bus, and our sweet old bus driver gets angry. We are, after all, a whole hour late.
We stop at a Mexican restaurant on the way back. The food sucks, but I live through it. We get back to campus late, and I prep a presentation to give on serial killers in Chicago for class on Wednesday.




Wednesday.
I don't get to give half my presentation because our teacher is terrible at time management. TERRIBLE. And incapable of cutting off other people who are incapable of time management as well. Yikes.

Now I have the rest of a project due Monday. Ew.

9 comments:

Mizzle said...

Chicago is fun.

Why does Chaska suck?

::sad face::

Missa said...

I am sorry.

We should go to Chicago sometime.

P.S. I am looking at applying for an internship in California this summer. So if you move westward, I might be closer than you think. We hope.

Mizzle said...

HOLYBUCKETSOFAMAZING.

Where in CA?

Missa said...

Way at the southern end. Santa Monica. About five and a half hours from San Fran. Where was it you wanted to move to?

Mizzle said...

I'm debating between San Francisco and LA, actually. LA has been gaining much stock, lately.

Missa said...

Well LA is like . . . fucking half an hour.

Fuckmazing, that would be.

Mizzle said...

There is much scheming to be done...

Missa said...

The first scheme involves me getting the internship. That would be suh-weet-z0rz.

Mizzle said...

How does one get this internship, and where would it be?