Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Brilliance.

So my Chicago class is turning out better than I expected. It was all sorts of reading at the beginning, and still is, but now we're getting into the novels and the short stories, which suit everyone much better than the historical text. Weird thing, though--some kid in the class e-mailed me (and everyone else in the class) with a URL to the cliff notes for The Jungle. I've had it happen in two other classes besides this one, where someone will e-mail cliff notes for something we're reading to everyone but the professor. I find it really irritating, since cliff notes are a personal affront to my existence. I swear to all that is any sort of holy or unholy, if I ever became a teacher I would go out of my way to make sure that there were no cliff notes for at least some of the books I taught. Fucking kids and their cheating.

As for the rest of life: Boy has come down with a nasty sickness of some kind, which has made his throat sore and his demeanor slumped. And I am almost certain to get it, which is all sorts of unfortunate, especially because sickness rarely hits him and I am sure to be much sicker when I get whatever he's got. And to make matters worse, I am not allowed to miss a single day of my Winter Term class, or I don't get credit for it. How lame is that? I am certain to have to go to class when I am sick.

My cell phone is sort of broken: the button on the side that I use for turning down the volume without it ringing is no longer working 100%. I would actually say more like 28%. It is lame. I don't believe there is a place around here to get my phone replaced, though, and the phones my dad buys are sure to be not as happy as the phone I have now. So I am not sure what to do.

Boy has a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It is fucking amazing. I would be playing it right now, except he is napping and that would wake him.


That's all for now. Peace and hugs.

3 comments:

Mizzle said...

I have the flu. It is gross, and I am gross, as a result.

Gross, I say.

And that game is so freaking cool. I watched my brother play the first five minutes on Gamecube when I was home and nearly cried it was so amazing.

::jealous::

Missa said...

Apparently it's even more amazing on the Wii. Actually, it is. Boy has the GC version, but my friend Brian got a Wii for Christmas, and it's pretty fucking cool.

It throws me off that some of the sounds emanate from the controller, though.

Mizzle said...

My mind, she is blown.